“Raising the Bar in our Geotechnical Profession”
Thursday September 12, 2013 in Dallas, Texas
The following distinguished speakers will provide valuable guidance on ways we can adapt our education, technical approaches and professional involvement on projects to deliver added value and fight commoditization of the geotechnical profession:
· Dr. David E. Daniel, President of The University of Texas, Dallas - ASCE 2012 Terzaghi Lecturer
· Welcoming Comments
· Dr. Jean-Louis Briaud, Buchanan Professor at Texas A&M University - President of the International Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (ISSMGE)
· “Raising the Bar in Geotechnical Engineering”
· Dr. Kenneth H. Stokoe, II, Professor and Graves Chair at University of Texas, Austin - Distinguished Lecturer and internationally recognized authority in seismic engineering and dynamic soil properties
· "Characterizing Geotechnical Materials with Seismic Waves: Static and Dynamic Applications"
· Dr. Richard Woods, Professor Emeritus at Univ. of Michigan - Recipient of the 2012 ASCE Geotechnical Hero Award
· “Geophysics in Geotech – New Applications and Suites of Tests”
· Dr. Craig H. Benson, Wisconsin Distinguished Professor – President of the Geo-Institute and 2012 Peck Lecturer
· “Water Balance Covers for Waste Containment: A Value Proposition for Design Engineers and Owners”
· Dr. Bengt H. Fellenius, Consultant - Distinguished Lecturer and internationally recognized authority in soil mechanics and deep foundations
· “Liquid Storage Tanks on Piled Foundations”
· Dr. Paul W. Mayne, Professor at Georgia Tech University - Distinguished Lecturer and internationally recognized authority in In-Situ Testing
· “Geotechnical Site Exploration and GeoEngineering Education in 2013 and Beyond”
· Victor R. Donald, Geotechnical Services Director of Terracon Consultants - Chair of the ASCE Geo-Institute’s Task Force on Advancement of the Geotechnical Profession
· “Advancement of The Geotechnical Profession – Ways to Fight Commoditization”
This full-day seminar (8 CEUs) will be held in Dallas at the Texas Section Fall Conference and Centennial Celebration. Continental Breakfast, Box Lunch, and breaks will be provided in the Exhibitors area.
For questions about the Geo-Institute Seminar, please contact Joe Waxse, firstname.lastname@example.org.